How can I view my ad?
You can login at any time by going to the login link available on your GwinnettDailyPost.com's website at any time after you have created your account. Ask your local media company contact for instructions to find the login area.
You may also receive emails regarding your advertisement from potential shoppers during the life of your ad. To ensure that you receive information regarding your ad, please ad clicknbuy.com to your email safe sender's list.
How will shoppers see my ad?
Shoppers can perform a general search of the online classifieds that results in a list of items meeting their search criteria. If your sale item meets the search criteria, it will be contained in the search results list. Shoppers can click the available graphic link or thumbnail image for your item to access the details page.Back to top »
What are the available types of classified ads?
There are three selling methods that may be available for your classified ad: More Info, Make-an-Offer, or Buy Now:
1. MORE INFO: The More Info ad type is an online classified ad allowing enhanced text, photos, multimedia uploads, and video ads. The shopper can contact the seller to ask for more information or to arrange payment. (Note: We update ad packages occasionally and features listed below may not be included in your ad. Please contact the Gwinnett Daily Post for complete information on the commerce options included in your ad package since they may have changed without notice.)
- Enhanced Text: Tells the potential shopper much more about the sale item by including a lengthier description than traditional print ads.
- Photos: Displays the sale item in color on the ad with additional photos and captions customized by the seller.
- Multimedia: Allows you to upload your own video of the item you want to sell.
- Video Ads: Professionally produced videos developed from your text and still photos and comes complete with voice-over and background music.
- View Counter: Keeps track of the number of times your ad is viewed.
- Email Conversation: Facilitates pre-transaction, anonymous email conversation between the shopper and seller to discuss details of the sale item and arrange for payment.
- Email Ad Forwarding: Interested parties may send your ad via email to another person who might be interested in the sale item.
2. MAKE-AN-OFFER: The Make an Offer ad type has all of the same features as the More Info type and includes additional features for negotiating a new price.
- Delivery Options: Establishes seller preferences for shipment or delivery of the sale item.
- Offers Listing: Maintains a running list of offers by potential shoppers.
- Offer Status: Reports the current state of each potential shopper's offer.
3. BUY NOW: The Buy Now method has all of the same features as the More Info type and includes additional e-commerce capabilities for selling fixed-price items. This model is especially good for retail sellers of multiple items.
- Online Transactions: Makes online purchases easy for the shopper with credit and debit card processing.
- Delivery Options: Establishes seller preferences for shipment or delivery of the sale item.
How do I renew my ad?
Online ads may be renewed several days before they expire by clicking on the renewal option presented within the ad listing available to you within your online account. Some ads may not be renewable depending on the features and options defined by the Gwinnett Daily Post based on the ad package.
When will my ad be available for viewing by shoppers?
After you create your online ad, it should be available for shoppers to view on the website at the designated start time you set within the ad when it is created. The duration of your ad will be governed by the package you have selected.
How can I tell how many times my ad has been viewed?
Your ad contains a view counter so you and potential shoppers can tell how many times the ad has been viewed. The counter is located in the bottom of your online ad.Back to top »
When will I get the email for my ad?
Email messages about your classified ad will be delivered to your specified email address. The email you provide during the registration process must be a valid email address that you have access to from your computer. If you find that that your email address was not entered correctly, or if you wish to change your email address used within the ad, please submit a support request for assistance from within the AdWizard Help option within your account. If you can not login to your account due to an invalid email address you will need to create a new account and request help in accessing your ad from the new account.
What if I don't receive emails for my ad?
If you feel that you are not receiving emails from potential shoppers, then one of the following things could be happening:
- You may have a security issue, an anti-virus program, or firewall on your computer that is keeping the messages from getting through. Sometimes the security for your account must be set to a lower level or disabled in order to let the messages through.
- Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) may be blocking the messages. You may need to add clicknbuy.com to the list of valid senders within your email account setup. The following section describes how to do this for several of the most common email programs. In addition to your own email program, you can always go to your local media company's website and login to your ad account to view all messages sent to you by potential shoppers through the classifieds website.
How do I change my email address?
Your email address is used as a unique identifier that tells the system who you are. Once you place your ad online you cannot change your email address yourself. However, if your email address has changed or was entered incorrectly, login to the account using the current email address and request assistance through the help option in the AdWizard to change your email address to a new account. You can change any other information about your account by logging in to your User Account.Back to top »
How do I set up a password?
When you register online within the system, you will choose your login email address and your password. You can keep and use the initial password or you can change it at any time from within your account. If you choose to change it, you can use a word or a series of letters and numbers. The password is case sensitive and must contain at least 6 characters. They can be any combination of upper and lower case.
What if I forget my password?
If you forget your account password, you can request that a new password be generated and emailed to you automatically. Once you receive the new password, you can either keep and use it or change it within your account.
To reset your password, click the “Forgot Password” link on the login page and follow the instructions. A new password will be sent to your email address within a few minutes of submitting your request.Back to top »
Photos & Images
Can I have a picture/photo in my ad?
You can have as many photos and images in your ad as the ad type and package you have selected. The free online package includes one photo.
Once you have images on your computer, follow the instructions within the AdWizard photo upload screen to select the photos for your ad and to upload them for shoppers to view.
Once you have uploaded the photos for your ad, you can edit, rotate, add captions and delete any of your ad images. You will want to select the most attractive photo for your default photo, which will be the main photo associated with the ad listing online.
How do I get pictures for my ad?
The easiest way to obtain images for your sale items is to use a digital camera to capture your images. When taking photos of your “for sale“ items, remember:
- Your item for sale should be the main focus of the photo and you should try to remove as much clutter and distracting background as possible for the best possible presentation.
- A professional photographer can also assist you in creating a digital image if you are not comfortable with taking pictures or do not have a digital camera available.
- Many item manufactures often have images or their products published on their websites, so check with the original item vendor if you want to find an image online.
- Please refer to your digital camera user guide for more information on loading images to your computer.
What kind of image format do I need?
We accept most fixed-format image files, including, but not limited to, the following file Types: .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, and .tif. Please make sure that your photo files are available on your computer and that they are named with the appropriate file type extension. For example; myphoto.jpg.
Are there restrictions for the size of my photos?
Photos are automatically resized to a standard size and resolution for display when you load them into the ad. Your images should be no smaller than 400 pixels wide. Most digital cameras available today produce images that are larger than this minimum size.
Note that many digital cameras capture images that may be several megabytes in size. Larger images may be extremely slow to upload for users with dial-up or slower connections. We suggest that your image files should be reduced to 1 megabyte or less, and they should be reduced in size to less than 1024 pixels x 1024 pixels. Reducing the upload size for your photos will ensure that the upload process does not cause a delay in the placement of your advertisement online. If you experience any problems uploading photos for your advertisement, please contact the support team by submitting a help request through the AdWIzard.
How can potential shoppers see all of my photos?
Thumbnails of all uploaded photos will be displayed to shoppers on the ad detail page that is opened when the shopper selects your ad from the online listing. When a shopper conducts a search, the default image thumbnail and a brief description will be displayed in the search results. The viewer can click the brief description or thumbnail to go to the ad details page.
How do I edit the photos for my ad?
You can edit the images on your computer before uploading them to your ad. Uploaded images are automatically resized to a standard 400 pixel width and a standard sized thumbnail image is created for display within the ad. After you upload your images into the ad, you can also rotate, crop or change the contrast of the photo. All other editing should be completed on your computer before you upload the image.
Because uploaded image files reside on our server, if you make a change to an image file on your computer or you wish to replace it, you must upload the new file for shoppers to see the change.
You can delete, edit, and upload your images as many times as you wish for the duration of the ad's life online. You can also change the default image for your item at any time by designating a different uploaded image.
Your ad is available at any time for editing by simply logging in to your account online and selecting the ad from the listing of your available ads online.Back to top »
How can I change the price of my ad?
You can change the price and any other information in your online ad for all selling methods except Auctions. Note that the content, price and duration are locked for auctions after the auction has started.
To edit your ad content, simply login to your user account, find your ad, and edit the price, description, or any of the other attributes of the ad. You can change or add to your online ad as often as you would like until it expires.Back to top »
How is my privacy protected?
How do I get paid when I sell an item?
For items sold using the Buy Now and Auction methods, payment can be made using either direct payment to you from the shopper as arranged directly between the seller and the shopper, or PayPal can be used. PayPal is a secure third party service that facilitates the sending and receiving of monies online. The setup process is free and is very easy.
During checkout, shoppers are transferred to PayPal for payment. If a shopper does not have a PayPal account, an opportunity to set one up is presented during checkout. After the shopper checks out, you will receive an email from PayPal identifying the transaction and notifying you of monies to receive. Just follow the instructions in the email to receive funds.
For items sold using the More Information and Make-an Offer selling methods, payment arrangements are discussed and decided upon based on communication between the seller and shopper via email or phone.
To avoid fraud, please know your buyer before accepting payment or shipping any items. The Federal Trade Commission has published several documents online that will help you to understand the risks associated with online commerce. We urge you to read these documents to ensure that you are aware of the potential risks and issues with internet commerce. Visit the following link for more information: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/tech/online.shtm
What if I do not accept the funds in PayPal's email?
If you do not accept funds that have been sent to you within 7 days, the funds are automatically returned to the shopper's account. This process is described on the PayPal website at www.paypal.com.Back to top »
How do I request assistance with my ad or account?
A help request link is available within your account that you can use any time you have a question about your ad. To request assistance, simply login to your account and click the help link within the option bar on the left side of the screen.
When you click on the Help button you will be presented with a support request form. Complete the form with your email address, name and type in your request or question. The support staff will review your request and respond as soon as possible.
If you are experiencing a problem or an error with your ad, make sure you provide as much information as possible on the nature and location of the problem so that we can assist you in resolving the reported problem.
Support is available Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM Eastern Standard Time, excluding holidays.Back to top »
How can shoppers find my ad?
The title and text of your ad can be searched by keyword from a search box on the classified page. The search is performed based on the words found in the enhanced ad. In order to attract the largest possible audience for your ad, it is suggested that you fully describe the item in the ad using broad terms that may be used for searching. In general, more text in the enhanced ad allows your ad to be returned by more search requests.Back to top »
Why can't I see the linked button or image within my online ad?
All enhanced ads should display a thumbnail photo in the classifieds listing on the media website if an image has been uploaded into the ad by the seller.
Note that only ads with uploaded photos will display a photo thumbnail as a part of the ad display.
Why can't I find my online ad?
Online ads will appear for the time designated within the ad package that is selected at the time of placement. In addition, each ad will have a start date that is set by the seller. If you do not find your ad online the ad start date may not yet have passed, or the ad may have expired. If you have any difficulty locating your ad, or you feel that there may be an error associated with the availability of the ad online, please submit a help request through the AdWizard and the support team will assist in resolving the reported issue.Back to top »